Location: Bldg. 40, Rm. 1201/1203
About the presenter
Yun Li , Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Department of Zoology and Physiology, University of Wyoming
Dr. Li’s research program focuses on studying functions and dysfunctions of the prefrontal cortex. Prefrontal microcircuits play essential roles in planning, reasoning, decision-making, and problem-solving. Disruptions in prefrontal microcircuits are associated with behavioral abnormalities in a variety of brain disorders.
The team applies multidisciplinary approaches, including the miniscope in vivo calcium imaging technique, to study aberrant neural activity and dysfunctional prefrontal network in mouse models of dementia, depression, and autism, and to help developing strategies for early detection and intervention for these brain disorders.
- Liang B, Thapa R, Zhang G, Moffitt C, Zhang Y, Zhang L, Johnston A, Ruby HP, Barbera G, Wong PC, Zhang Z, Lin DT, Li Y. 2022. Aberrant Neural Activity in Prefrontal Pyramidal Neurons Lacking TDP-43 Precedes Neuron Loss. Progress in Neurobiology 215: 112297.
- Cahill B, Poelker-Wells S, Prather, JF, Li Y. 2021. A Glimpse Into The Sexual Dimorphisms In Major Depressive Disorder Through Epigenetic Studies. Front. Neural Circuits.15: 768571.
- Liang B, Zhang L, Barbera G, Fang W, Zhang J, Chen X, Chen R, Li Y*,#, Lin DT*. 2018. Distinct and dynamic ON and OFF neural ensembles in the prefrontal cortex code social exploration. Neuron 100, 700-714. (*Co-corresponding authors, #Lead Contact)
- Barbera G, Liang B, Zhang L, Gerfen CR, Culurciello E, Chen R*, Li Y*, Lin DT*. 2016. Spatially compact neural clusters in the dorsal striatum encode locomotion relevant information. Neuron 92(1), 202-213. (*Co-corresponding authors)
- Zhang W, Zhang L, Liang B, Schroeder D, Zhang ZW, Cox GA, Li Y*, Lin DT*. 2016. Hyperactive somatostatin interneurons contribute to excitotoxicity in neurodegenerative disorders. Nat Neurosci 19(4), 557-559. (*Co-corresponding authors)