We are excited to announce the upcoming 9th Annual Intramural Clinical Neurosciences Retreat, which will be held on June 12, 2023 at the Natcher Conference Center in building 45. The retreat is by invitation only and will cover the latest research and advancements in the field of clinical neuroscience and is designed for Principal Investigators and Staff Clinicians.
Below, you will find information about the scientific presentation topics and working group discussions that will take place during the retreat.
Scientific Presentation Topics:
- Gene Therapy Update: Discover the promising developments in gene therapy and its potential applications in treating a wide range of diseases. Gain insights into recent breakthroughs, clinical trials, and future prospects in this rapidly evolving field.
- The Center for Alzheimer's and Related Dementias - Programs and Focus: Get the latest insights into the groundbreaking research and advancements in the field of the Center for Alzheimer's and Related Dementias (CARD) program. Learn about the ongoing efforts to understand the underlying mechanisms of Alzheimer's disease and related dementias, and the potential for novel treatment strategies.
- Update on the Strategic Planning for Pediatrics: Stay up-to-date with the strategic planning efforts in the field of pediatrics. Discover the latest insights into enhancing healthcare delivery, improving patient outcomes, and addressing the unique needs of pediatric populations through evidence-based approaches and innovative solutions at the NIH Clinical Center.
- AI as a Tool for Research: Delve into the realm of artificial intelligence (AI) and its applications in healthcare research. Explore how AI is revolutionizing data analysis, imaging techniques, predictive modeling, and decision-making processes, with a particular focus on its impact in the field of neuroscience.
Working Group Topics:
- Low Field MRI: Join the discussion on the advancements and challenges in low field MRI technology. Explore the potential benefits, limitations, and emerging applications of this imaging modality, which has the potential to provide cost-effective and accessible diagnostic solutions.
- High/Low Frequency Ultrasound: Engage in conversations surrounding the diverse applications of high and low-frequency ultrasound in healthcare. Discover the latest breakthroughs, techniques, and research findings related to ultrasound imaging, therapy, and non-invasive interventions.
- Data Sharing and Input: Participate in discussions centered around the importance of data sharing and collaboration in scientific research. Explore strategies for enhancing data sharing practices, addressing ethical considerations, and maximizing the impact of shared data on scientific advancements.
- Computational Neuropsychiatry: Dive into the intersection of computer science, data analysis, and neuropsychiatry. Discover how computational methods, including machine learning and data-driven approaches, can provide insights into complex brain disorders, leading to improved diagnostics, treatment options, and personalized medicine.
We are looking forward to an exciting gathering of experts and researchers in the field of healthcare and neuroscience that will provide a platform for sharing groundbreaking discoveries, exploring the latest advancements, and fostering collaboration among professionals from various institutes and centers at NIH.