The Bioinformatics Core Facility is located in Building 10 (3B01) and consists of both Bioinformatics Scientist-staff and Bioinformatics Programmer-staff. Its mission is to collaboratively assist NINDS research staff with Bioinformatics-related projects as needed.
- Experiment design
- Microarray Analysis (one-color, two-color)
- Next Generation Sequence Analysis (e.g., bulk RNA-Seq, ChIP-Seq, DNA-Seq, scRNA-Seq, TCR-Seq)
- Protein Analysis (structure prediction, mass spectrometry-based analysis)
- RNA Analysis (structure prediction, function classification, target prediction)
- Sequence Analysis (e.g., pair-wise, multiple-alignment, phylogenetics, gene prediction, comparative genomics)
- Ad-hoc Statistical Analysis (Descriptive, Correlation-based, Comparison Testing, Classification Modeling)
Examples of Bioinformatics-related projects the Core's programming staff can assist with:
- Application design, development, & maintenance
- Database design, development, & maintenance
- Dashboard design, development, & maintenance
- Systems design, development, & maintenance
In addition to providing both Bioinformatics Scientist and Bioinformatics Programmer assistance to NINDS research staff, the Core staff also serves as mentors in the NIH Summer Internship Program each year.